Anti-Creativity Forces vs Creativity Triggers : Page 2 of 2
Anti-Creativity Forces vs Creativity Triggers
5. CREATIVITY TRIGGER: Enjoying and welcoming bizarre ideas as triggers to better ideas.
6. CREATIVITY TRIGGER:
7. CREATIVITY TRIGGER:
8. CREATIVITY TRIGGER: Seek many alternatives to avoid the quick fix.
9. CREATIVITY TRIGGER: Listen to and get inspired by other people's ideas.
10. CREATIVITY TRIGGER: Forced-withdrawal, seeing things through a fresh perspective.
11. CREATIVITY TRIGGER: Spend time incubating the problem and thinking about it.
12. CREATIVITY TRIGGER:
How can you defeat your anti-creativity forces?
1. One way you can slip out of this difficulty utilizes the 8 rung problem-solving ladder described in my book, and allows the sequence to lead you to a solution that works for you. Thus, creativity triggers can provide their own mechanism to win against your anti-creativity forces.
2. Perhaps you could read my book and take note where you aid your anti-creativity forces with your own mind-ruts, and thus help them triumph. Instead, affirm your intention to use the creativity triggers more often and on more problems.
3. Make the creative process a daily, on-going habit. Combine old ideas into new creative combinations. •
© 2011 by Edward Glassman. All rights reserved.
Edward Glassman, PhD was the President of the Creativity College®, a division of Leadership Consulting Services, Inc., and Professor Emeritus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he headed the Program For Team Effectiveness And Creativity. More »