Home : Submission Guidelines
Participate in our creative community by submitting an article, project, or interview
Share your creative wisdom and expertise within our community and promote your business, Web site, or coaching practice.
Creativity Portal® is an inspirational how-to resource visited by millions of artists, writers, crafters, teachers, and creativity enthusiasts each year. Online since 2000, it features free projects, creative writing prompt tools, motivational coaching articles, and instructional Web resources on hundreds of topics to encourage the exploration and expression of personal creativity in people of all ages while promoting awareness for unique self-care and spiritual issues facing creative individuals.
CP is promoted on thousands of Web sites and social media outlets and enjoys partnerships with today's creativity leaders, authors, and publishers. It's been recognized by Writer's Digest Magazine, The English Journal, and Imagine Magazine, and is lauded by bestselling creativity author SARK (visit our About page for more history, media features, and accolades).
Promotional Opportunities on Creativity Portal
You can promote your creativity related Web sites, blogs, books, publications, products, workshops, classes, creative businesses and services for free on the CP Web site by submitting your unique artistic perspectives and processes, coaching articles and techniques, photo writing prompts, how-to projects, success stories, creative journey blogs, or instructional Web site links.
- If you wish to submit an original, non-circulated article or project for publication on our Web site, please review our submission guidelines below.
Note: If you plan to submit 6 or more pieces, please inquire about inclusion in our Author Series feature, which provides additional promotional benefits to you.
- If you'd like to be interviewed on our Web site, particpate in our 20 Questions Interview feature.
- If you wish to suggest an established (1 yr.+) Web site with free learning content for our learning resource directory, click here.
- If you wish to suggest your own established (1 yr.+) regularly-updated creativity journey blog, click here.
- If you wish to share your inspiring success story on how you brought your creativity product or service into the marketplace, click here.
If you have other creative promotional ideas, please feel free to share them with us via our e-mail contact form.
Article Submission Guidelines
Simple Tips for Writing an Engaging Article
Our creative community welcomes original and light reprint articles and projects on topics related to art, crafts, kid's crafting, writing, creativity, creativity coaching, and other subjects that tie into artistic living, innovation in the workplace, and the business end of creativity (selling art, publishing, marketing, etc.). We are also happy to review professional perspectives from creativity and life coaches, book excerpts by published writers, and professional input from seasoned artists of all calibers.
Publication and promotional preference will be given to: 1) high-quality, original articles with a personal appeal, and 2) articles which haven't been submitted around the Internet via e-mail newsletters, free content sites, social networking sites, and article banks.
IMPORTANT: Creativity Portal® values intellectual property and holds copyright to the highest level. Do not submit plagiarized articles, projects, or book excerpts.
As an online community open to all perspectives on creativity, we allow submissions in good faith as original works by the contributing authors. We care deeply about the creator's copyright and will not knowingly host content that we are aware of which infringes on other's intellectual property nor will we promote authors who engage in unethical plagiaristic and copyright infringement practices. If you find something on our Web site that is suspect to plagiarism, please bring it to our attention for further investigation. More On Our Plagiarism Policy
What We're Seeking
CP is highly dedicated to presenting original creativity-inspiring content to our readers. We're open to all kinds of perspectives that touchstone on creativity and creative expression including, but not limited to:
- Using creativity and creative expression (through art, crafts, writing, or other outlets) for self-exploration, growth, healing, managing depression, and spiritual practice
- Unique projects and prompts (including photo prompts)
- Tips and advice for the business end of creativity
- Professional creativity coach, consultant, or life coach insights and advice on artistic living
- Exercises to induce creative thinking and doing
If you are an expert on one of these topics and would like to reach our audience with your unique perspective, you are invited to submit your article (min. 600-1200 words) for possible inclusion on our Web site in exchange for exposure and promotion for you Web site and/or business (non-paid submissions) on our Web site and in our growing e-newsletter.
Authors of articles accepted for publication on the CP enjoy generous exposure for their work and Web site(s) through our social networks and site-wide pages related to the topic at hand. Articles are archived indefinitely on the CP for continued Web promotion to the author.
How to Submit an Article or Project
Submitting an article or project to the CP Editorial Team is easy. Please use our contact form to send us your article text after reviewing the information below.
(Sorry, due to spammers and viruses no attachments are allowed for this initial contact. If you have images or other attachments that need to accompany your article or project, we'll provide a direct e-mail address for you after your initial contact to us via our form.)
Paste the following information into the form:
- Article title
- Your name (by-line)
- Your e-mail address
- Up to four lines of biography information for your article footer, including one link (URL) to your Web site (if applicable).
- Full text of article, including a copyright notice with year at the end.
- Has the article been circulated or submitted to an article bank?
Note to Creativity Coaches: Please let us know if you are a practicing coach when you submit your article to us so we can properly categorize your submissions.
After submitting your article, you will receive an e-mail confirmation to notify that your article has been received. We will personally acknowledge accepted submissions and contact you when your article has been published on our Web site.
Terms and Conditions
CP highly respects the creator's copyright and values each contribution made to our Web site. In our efforts to provide quality, inspiring content to our visitors, our Terms and Conditions are as follows.
- Articles must be the original work of the submitting author. We value intellectual property and hold copyright to the highest level. Do not submit plagiarized articles, projects, or book excerpts.
- Do not submit articles on behalf of others. We want an author to choose our Web site to host their work and we have no way of verifying an article's origination if we are not in direct contact with the author.
- Authors always retain copyright of their own work published on our Web site and excerpted in our e-newsletter.
- If the article is a reprint from a print publication, you must hold the reprint rights. If possible, please include brief publication history.
- Articles may contain artwork or graphics. Please supply the URL to the artwork online for us to retrieve, or send it to us upon our request. Graphics should be compressed Web-ready (72 dpi) .jpgs or .gifs.
- Articles and artwork accepted for publication will be formatted to fit our site layout, styles, and ad-supported interface.
- Articles accepted for publication will include your author by-line and footer "About the Author" biography information, and one link to your Web site. Please do not embed links in your article.
- Articles accepted for publication will be archived indefinitely on our Web site. Once published, we do not intend to remove the content, but reserve the right to delete any article or project from our site for any reason at any time. In other words, please do not submit your work if you do not want it to be archived "forever" into Web history.
- Articles accepted for publication will be promoted on the CP home page and on related pages within our Web site for a duration of time for further exposure and promotion to the author.
- We reserve the right to edit articles for spelling and grammar; and artwork for size to fit our format.
- We make no guarantees towards the acceptance of any article, perpetual linking to Web sites, or promotion of any persons or Web sites suggested to us. We will only acknowledge article submissions published on our Web site, and will contact the author upon publication. Should an author's Web site go offline, change hands, become unsafe to our visitors for any reason, we reserve the right to remove the bio link so as not to confuse our visitors or expose them to hijacked Web sites that hackers have exploited.
- Terms and Conditions may be modified anytime at our discretion.
If you agree to these terms, please click the link below and submit your article through our contact form. Thank you for your interest!
Submit Article or Project »