2012 Twenty Questions Interview with Dawn Kotzer : Page 2 of 2
20 Questions Interview
with Dawn Kotzer
continued from page 1
11. What challenges have you faced?
Remember my critic? Relentless little guy. Incredibly adept at Self-Sabotage. My greatest obstacle has always been my self-limiting thoughts and actions.
12. What worked for you?
Following my nose. Leaving lots of room for Flexibility and Me-Time. Not looking at how others did something
Self-teaching. Self-Coaching. Trying not to give myself too many deadlines.
13. What didn't work for you?
Following someone else's sense of smell. Sliding into the ickiness of comparison; not speaking my truth. Not practicing Self-Compassion and Awareness.
14. What tips can you share with those starting on a similar path?
- Honesty is an act of courage. Try and remember, the only person you truly have to be honest with is yourself. Start there.
- When you're nervous, practice breathing instead of talking.
- Give yourself Permission to laugh and PLAY. Whatever makes you laugh, do it.
- Find one human, dog, cat or animal that you can confide it without fear of judgment.
15. What are you working on now?
Building up my 'soul detective coaching practice', drafting notes for an eBook, doing daily mandalas to connect more deeply with my SELF. [and other tasks as assigned by the Big U.]
16. What's coming up for you in the next year?
- Working as a Master Coach and Mentor with Kaizen-Muse Creativity
- Infusing my connection/stories of my wilderness home in my coaching profile.
- Painting just for the fun of it.
- A long overdue Holiday.
- Writing an eBook.
- soul-detective coaching.
- Blogging; monthly columns for DiscoveringShe eZine and other guest posts.
17. What else do you desire/dream to do?
The life I now live is pretty wonderful. My spouse, amazing human that he is, is in process of finding his way back to health. His journey has twined with mine; offering me a chance to witness and grow from all that 'recovery' brings with it. Some days have been plain old crappy and some have knocked my socks off with pure Joy.
I've learned how valuable an irreverent sense of humor and a strong back is worth. I've learned that my connection to creativity is worth more. My strongest desire is to combine what I've learned along with
what I do best to help myself and others embrace a mind-body-spirit connection
to know that regardless of the situation we find ourselves in, there is a small step we can take to connect with our creative source
the space where we all GET to Be Real and Find Freedom
the space where we all GET To Play.
18. How will you make that happen?
Carve out a little time each day to connect with my sense of creativity and play
and if all else fails, I'll practice Breathing instead of talking. Allow room for goodness.
19. What question do you want to answer that's not on this list?
What are the top 3 flowers requested from a florist?
- Roses...more exotic looking, the better.
- Wild-flowers and Greens.
- Bright, happy faced Gerbera Daisies.
20. What's your Web site address?