2012 Twenty Questions Interviews : Karsten Skyum Larsen
20 Questions Interview with Karsten Skyum Larsen
Retired, Volunteer Art Coach
1. What's your name?
Karsten Skyum Larsen.
2. Where are you from?
3. Who are you today?
Retired, Volunteer Art Coach.
4. What do you do? (Elevator speech)
Taking care of myself, teaching others how to draw and acrylic painting, teaching others how to make ceramics.
5. What's your story (how did you get here)?
After my retirement from my job as Engineer BSc, and Economist BBA, I got in contact with a center for urban activities where I started as an art coach for domestic people who liked to spend leisure time on acrylic painting and making ceramics on a rotating plate.
6. Why is art and creativity important to you?
Because these activities are my best interests, and because I am from an artistic family my father and my two sons are artists themselves. I feel good making art.
7. When/how did you realize you had a creative dream or calling to fulfill?
I have had a passion for art all my life, and when I was a blacksmith I forged artistic sculptures. When I studied Engineering I liked drawing blueprints. When I raised my sons I used different kinds of art when I played with them.
8. How did you embrace it?
It became a part of my life to create something myself and sharing it with others.
9. How did that feel?
I always felt good making art, and I feel that the time is rushing away when I am artisticly active.
10. Where has your journey taken you?
The journey has taken me to a state where art is a daily part of my life. I think I am addicted to art.
11. What challenges have you faced?
One of my challenges has been to choose my own style. I have some preferences but I have not yet found one personal style.
12. What worked for you?
All artistic activities coming out from what I have impressed during my life and what contain an exciting real story works for me.
13. What didn't work for you?
Things I have done when I was not in the mood. Some crazy experiments have failed for me.
14. What three tips can you share with those starting on a similar path?
15. What are you working on now?
I am painting acrylic works and I am making ceramic vases out of clay.
16. What's coming up for you in the next year?
Similar activities and more of 3D art.
17. What else do you desire/dream to do?
I dream about having more social activities with other artists.
18. How will you make that happen?
I will seek contact with other artists personal and via the Internet.
19. What question would you like to be asked (or are just itching to answer) that's not on this list?
Nothing right now but maybe later.
20. What's your Web site address?
Web site: www.karstenskyumlarsen.dk and I'm on Facebook.