Susan Ann Darley : The Power to Create
The Power to Create
By Susan Ann Darley
"Every artist, whether an actor, writer, musician or visual artist, stands before a blank canvas waiting to be filled. Then, as if by magic, creative intention transforms a vacant stage, a blank page or a tightly stretched canvas through colors, sounds and images. The intangible becomes the tangible. Vision is made concrete by an act of the will." (Excerpt from The Art of Becoming Visible, by Susan Ann Darley)
You have the ability to create your life as you so desire. Below are steps to guide you through the process.
- Become Quiet It is in the silence that you will find peace and achieve clarity. Meditate, take long walks, listen to music. Do whatever works for you in order to turn down the volume of the external world.
- Go Deeper, Go Higher There is an exquisite order to the running of the universe. Your goal is to align yourself with this magnificent power and consciously use it to benefit your life and the lives of others.
- Set Positive Goals When you have taken steps 1 and 2 you will begin to set goals from the deeper aspect of yourself know as "inner wisdom." Many choices are made at this level, which explains why goals made at the "personality" or "surface" level often don't happen.
- Catch & Toss Out Negative Beliefs Beliefs create behaviors and behaviors create conditions, therefore, it is critical that you catch your negative beliefs. If you want your life to change then you must change your beliefs. What areas do you need to change your beliefs in? Money, health, career, relationships?
- Write & Use Affirmations Affirmations cultivate a positive inner voice, which counteract self-defeating negative messages. The use of repeated affirmations leads to belief and when that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
- Visualize Your subconscious mind cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. Visualization is a powerful tool to use to change your life. It is the ability to see and feel a goal in order to experience it. Remember, what you focus on becomes your destiny.
- Direct Your Emotions Your emotions can act as a powerful force to assist you in creating change. Think of three different goals you wish to achieve. Which one carries the greatest force of feeling? The one with the most passion will be the most likely to happen. Where are you putting your energy?
- Listen to Your Guidance Your body will let you know which direction to go in. Pay attention to your feelings. Get out of your head statistics, judgments and facts can steer you off your course. Newfound confidence will become stronger each time you trust. Learn to walk in your own footprints with faith.
- Take Action Visions, guidance, affirmations mean nothing without the courage to act. Always ask, "What is my next step?" Then take it. I guarantee after you have taken it the next step will reveal itself to you. Then take it. Big dreams are created from a succession of small steps.
- Let Go Give it your best, then let go of preconceived notions and the results. Let go of what it will look like, how and when it will happen and whom you shall meet. Enjoy the adventure of the unknown!
A man peered over his neighbor's fence and saw an exquisite garden. He exclaimed, "What magnificence God creates." His neighbor, the gardener, shot back, "You should have seen it when God had it alone."
Become an active and conscious co-creator of your life. Let your life be a reflection of the magnificence of the universe. •
© Susan Ann Darley 2008. All rights reserved.
Susan Ann Darley is a coach, author and workshop leader who works with people from all professions to increase their personal awareness and enhance their creativity. More »