Violette : Creative Play Cards Art Deck
How to Make Your Own Artful Creative Play Cards Deck
Boost your creativity with these fun tiny cards. You can make them for yourself or give them away as gifts. They were inspired by the Angel cards which you randomly pick each day to inspire you. The Creative Play cards are meant to prompt you to focus on something new each day whether it be to sculpt, dare, make art or paint. Watch your imagination soar when you draw a new card each day!
- White glue
- Collage ephemera
- Confetti, stars, paper clips
- Newspapers or magazines
- Words printed off on the computer
- Tissue paper
- Black felt pen
- Gold paint pen
- Stickers (stars)
- Optional lamination
- Colour copying
- Divide a sheet of cardstock up into rectangles as I did in the photo. I made my cards approximately 1" x 2".
- Print off inspiring and creative words. I chose 60 of them, 30 per page. Cut them up. You may choose to handwrite your words with a felt pen.
- Clip or tear magazine pictures, collage patterned papers and coloured tissue paper that illustrate your word.
- Using a combination of collage and painting, decorate your rectangular cards. You can also choose to rubberstamp designs on plain paper then affix to your card.
- Glue on the words.
- Add the embellishments: stickers, glitter, confetti, paper clip, pipe cleaners etc.
- Border some of your cards with a gold or silver paint pen.
- Colour copy if you desire to make more than one set.
- Laminate your two pages for durability (you won't be able to laminate the originals as the embellishments might make them too bulky).
- Cut the tiny cards.
Find the perfect container for your cards, a dish, a silk drawstring bag or a basket. Give a friend the perfect gift of creativity by placing the cards in a plastic sleeve. Package the cards like I did with another piece of collage and Voila!! You now have a very special gift!
Embellishment: Something that embellishes; a decoration. •
Next: Creative Spirit Doll Project »
© Violette 2005. All rights reserved.
Violette is a whimsical creative spirit living in BC, Canada. She can be found driving her Glittergirl van around White Rock and living in the Magic Cottage. More »