Violette : Creative Spirit Doll Project w/ Free Printable Doll Pattern
How to Make a Creative Spirit Doll
Includes Free Printable Doll Pattern!
Create a delightful spirit doll to help you connect with the divine in you and bring more creativity into your life. Use these dolls to evoke a sense of the sacred in your home, altar or office. Each doll has a crystal and piece of sweet grass embedded within imbuing it with positive energy.
- Cotton muslin
- Watercolor paper
- Acrylic paints
- Composition gold leaf
- Copper wire
- White glue
- Mod Podge
- Fine tip Sharpie felt pen
- Download and print the free Creative Sprit Doll Pattern (PDF 140KB). Create a paper pattern of a simple shaped doll. Cut two identical pieces from fabric.
- Sew the two pieces together leaving an opening for stuffing. Turn inside out and stuff remembering to insert a piece of sweet grass and a special crystal. Stitch opening closed.
- Randomly paint your doll with acrylic paints. Brush Mod Podge over entire surface and embellish with gold leaf. Randomly sprinkle glitter on the doll.
- Cut circle from muslin and paint a face using acrylics and accenting with sharpie felt pens.
- Glue feathers onto doll shape. Glue face on top of the feathers.
- Shape a tiny doll, vegetable or whatever is appropriate out of fimo, bake according to package directions. Paint with acrylic paints. Seal with a coating of Mod Podge. Adhere to doll.
- On a scrap piece of torn water color paper randomly paint a design, add gold leaf and cut out gold star or heart which has been embellished with glitter. Attach a tiny feather. Glue to doll.
- Outline the face with white glue and sprinkle glitter on. You can also finish the face off with black dimensional paint if you prefer it over glitter.
- Further embellish the face by gluing on a string of beads.
- Spiral a length of wire and string on a few beads. Attach to the doll body with a couple of sewing stitches.
Now meditate on your doll and envision imbuing it with certain attributes whether it be greater creativity, abundance, good health or love. Place the doll in an area of honor that will remind you daily of what you are attracting into your life! •
Next: Use Mind Mapping to Further Artistic Goals »
© Violette 2005. All rights reserved.
Violette is a whimsical creative spirit living in BC, Canada. She can be found driving her Glittergirl van around White Rock and living in the Magic Cottage. More »